Kay's Reviews > Stories I Only Tell My Friends

Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe

Jul 09, 11

bookshelves: autobiography
Read in July, 2011

I have always felt if you really want to know the true character [or at least as close as you will ever get without actually knowing them] read their autobiography and not a biography. Yes, they will only tell you what they want you to know but you can still get a 'feel' for their real personality. So many of celebrity autobiographies have been a huge disappointment to me and I've found them to be a shallow sex crazed bunch that wants to name names to impress. This book is not like those and I found it to be a honest account of his life. He can laugh at himself and admit to the things he's not proud of. You actually feel him grow from a teen idol [bad boy type like most teens] to a mature adult and family man. He does not come across as the typical actor 'full of himself' but rather as someone you could enjoy knowing or having as a neighbor. I do believe he has written an honest account of his life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stories I Only Tell My Friends.