Sally's Reviews > Clutch of Constables

Clutch of Constables by Ngaio Marsh

Oct 20, 11

bookshelves: audiobooks, re-reads
Read in October, 2011

I read this book, and all of the Ngaio Marsh Inspector Alleyn books many years ago. Seeing that they are beginning to appear now as audiobooks, I bought this one to listen to. Although I remembered a little about the story, it was almost as if it were new to me, and I devoured it pretty quickly. I would compare this particular plot, because of the complexity and unexpected resolution, to Christie's "Murder on the Orient Express".

This book was first published in 1968, well into her series which began in 1934. Some of the stories have been dramatized on PBS Mystery. Ngaio Marsh has been classed with other female mystery writers such as Dorothy Sayers, Margery Allingham and Agatha Christie, who have long been among my favorites of the era.

This is a series with reappearing characters along with Alleyn. However, it's not necessary to read them in order of publication, so I would suggest this one would be enjoyed by those who like Sayers, Allingham, and Christie.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clutch of Constables.