Darcy's Reviews > Dreaming of the Wolf

Dreaming of the Wolf by Terry Spear

Oct 21, 11

bookshelves: 2011, e-book, net-galley-books, shifters
Read from October 19 to 21, 2011

I find when I am reading this series I really enjoy the books that deal with Silver town. I love that most of the town is in on the secret of werewolves and their whole closeness of community.

Alicia and Jake sure had chemistry from the start, the whole calling each other by fake Hollywood stars had me laughing. It was a great way to seem like they knew each other without really knowing each other. I will admit I had a hard time buying into the fact of Alecia being a bounty hunter. She didn't seem like she had the skills for it, but that maybe because when we meet her she was going after the big fish and was in over her head.

I loved how Jake was instantly enamored of her and did his best to stick by her and then was so lost when she ran away. The surprises that Alicia encountered when she was away from Jake were pretty big and I was surprised by how calmly she took to them.

I found the story really started to pick back up when Alicia and Jake came back together. It seemed like from then on it was like a Three Stooges comedy sketch involving the mob, the police, and all sorts of werewolves.

I loved how Alicia found a place to belong and how everyone embraced her even with her strange human ways of doing things. I have a feeling that the end celebration won't be the last one like this we see in this town.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreaming of the Wolf.