Su Halfwerk's Reviews > A Bite to Remember

A Bite to Remember by Lynsay Sands

Jul 11, 11

Read from July 09 to 11, 2011

I loved this book. Here's a list of the things I liked and didn't in it.
Pros:-
* Can be a stand-alone book.
* Light with a good balance of danger, suspense, and humor
* Vincent wasn't a macho, he was jealous without pummeling his chest and was protective while respecting Jackie's space.
* Their connection was believable, her problems and past all there, his boredom with life without becoming a dark creature was felt between the lines, even when he was laughing and chatting.
* The Argenau family has a brilliant history. The theory of the nanos is a magnificent one.

Cons:
* I don't have a clear image of anyone, especially the hero and heroine. Beside eye color and that they are both beautiful, with Jackie thinking she has extra pounds (Vincent sees it as curvy), I have no clue what they truly look like. Others are big or huge, but actual facial features are missing.
* There are small holes in the story. for example, I don't see how Vincent couldn't overcome the saboteur. If I give more examples, then this will be a spoiler. I really don't want to spoil this read for you.

Bottom line: Despite those two cons, the book is marvelous. Few books keep me up until 4am reading. A Bite to Remember did that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Bite to Remember.