Viohlet's Reviews > Hunting Down the Horseman

Hunting Down the Horseman by B.J. Daniels

Jul 11, 11

bookshelves: 3rd-person-pov, attempted-murder, barbie-heroine, whatever, who-reads-this, whirlwind-romance, wallbanger, tstl-secondary-characters, too-easy-no-conflict, stereotypical, stars-1, sounds-better-than-it-actually-is, someone-slap-the-heroine, some-real-sick-people-out-there, so-bad-you-should-avoid-it, small-towns, shallow, sex-in-the-great-outdoors, set-in-montana, series-follows-family, serial-killer, genre-western-cowboy-etc, recommended-no, read-in-2011, read-2-hated, publisher-harlequin, predictable-but-annoying, series, over-the-top-or-annoying-plot-twist, ott-just-plain-ridiculous, not-making-much-sense, not-enjoyable, no-substance, no-scene-setting, no-history-or-backstory, no-chemistry, mystery-suspense-etc, murder-has-happened-is-relevant, minor-characters-you-wish-were-dead, lacking-in-descriptions, kidnapping-abduction, juvenile-immature-games-or-behavior, inane-shit-just-for-the-sake-of-it, hoshit-theres-a-killer-on-the-loose, heroine-tstl, heroine-immature-brat-etc, heroine-i-hated, heroine-annoyingly-proud-stubborn, heroine-annoying-interferring-pain, heroine-1-a-f, heroine-5-blonde, hero-indifferent, hero-2-g-l, hard-to-follow, get-over-it-already, forced-myself-to-keep-reading, fast-paced, estranged-or-long-lost-relatives, dumb-dumb-stupid-dumb-dumb, disjointed, danger-unprotected-sex, 11-books-i-own, blackmail-extortion-etc, revenge-sabotage
Recommended for: No One
Read from June 06 to July 09, 2011 — I own a copy

lol whatever. This sucked. It was too obvious who the perp was. The heroine ran hot and cold and when she broke up with the hero I had to re-read it twice because I was just like 'huh?'. Such a convoluted plot.

The time frame was so out of whack it was forever night with these people doing nothing during the day! And it was fast paced but this got worse around pg180, obviously because the author was like 'oh shit, gotta get this wrapped up in 30 pages!' and then it was really hard to follow.

The other thing I really wanted to point out - Mary Ellen. God, what a vindictive, sadistic psychopath. Seriously, that woman is sick and dangerous and should be in prison. Honestly. If I were Eve I would never have anything to do with her. *shudders*

This was crap. Stay away from it. The author's writing style wasn't all that good, and I wouldn't read anything from her again. However I bought this with another of the series for $1, so I will read that, because I have it. Otherwise, avoid her. 1/5
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunting Down the Horseman.