Dottie 's Reviews > Witches' Bane

Jul 22, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: mystery, 2009
Read in July, 2009

Getting back to China Bayle's beginnings a bit for me. I enjoyed the story as always but found this one has a different flavor than some of those further along -- not better or wrose, just interesting to note the developmental changes. I enjoyed the Leatha/China relationship in this one though I'd encountered the facts of it in a later volume, it was good to actually experience the "in-person" unfolding of the storyline. This is something I love about SWA's series -- there is overlap when need be but nothing is actually repetitive. Nearly every book can stand on its own very nicely but those who get hooked on the series are treated to an on-going "getting to know the characters" experience wiwthout being treated as though they cannot recall who is who from one book to another -- we are given more details, deeper layers. Perfect light reading which the past several days has been desperately necessary here -- thank you, SWA!

Got this one free with a purchase at Borders -- one of their odd coupon deals. This is an early China Bayles mysteries which I had not yet read. Of course, I've begun already. I can't NOT begin one of Susan Wittig Albert's books once I have it in hand. Such fun!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witches' Bane.