Julia's Reviews > Storm Runners

Storm Runners by Roland Smith

F_50x66
Aug 18, 11

Read in July, 2011

After his dad is struck by lightening and lives, Chase and his dad become storm chasers, moving around the country wherever bad storms are about to hit. His dad is a carpenter and volunteers to help people protect their buildings from the coming storms, then sticks around for the paid work of helping to rebuild.
A hurricane is headed to Florida so they go after it. Chase is left with acquaintances who have a daughter (Nicole) his age so they can go to school. Chases dad thinks he knows where the storm will hit and heads there, but it actually hits in a different area and Chase, Nicole and a classmate are stuck and in trouble. The rest of the story is about how they band together during this terrible storm and try to make it to safety. They rely on each other and overcome fears as they face many obstacles.
Interesting story and keeps you engrossed as you wait to see how and if they make it passed the next obstacle. Only gave 3 stars because it ended so abruptly it was ridiculous. I understand the idea of a cliffhanger so you want to go read the next book in the series, but this was just so abrupt and didn't make any sense to me. After being excited and taken in by the story in the end I was left annoyed and that is the feeling that stuck with me most.
May read the next book in the series, but not sure yet.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm Runners.