Mariya's Reviews > Kindling the Moon

Kindling the Moon by Jenn Bennett

Sep 27, 2013

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, magic-users, favorites, books-i-own, epicness-happening, heartbreaking, hottie-harem, kick-ass-heroine, laugh-out-loud, single-parent, cover-lover, side-character-love
Read from July 20 to 23, 2011 — I own a copy

KINDLING THE MOON surprised the hell out of me. I honestly didn't really know what to expect, but for one thing I did not expect to immediately fall in love with the pure brilliance of it. This was an excellent start to a series and what a surprising ending that was.

Arcadia Bell was a heroine that I loved from the get go. Cady was very likable and funny at times. And she's one of those girls that you would love to have a girls night out with. Cady is most definitely fun and loving. And with a great heroine comes a great love interest.
“Maybe it involved a woman. Oh, maybe even a nun—ooh! Wouldn’t that be scandalous?” “Indeed, but no."

Did I mention I am in love with her love interest? Lon Butler is Cady's love interest in KINDLING THE MOON and he had the ever so mysterious vibe going on for him. Did I also mention I love his name?! It even sounds hot! Lon also has a teenage son, Jupe sort for Jupiter. (Okay, Bennett is a goddess at the naming process. I love all of these names so far.)
"Arcadia,” Lon’s voice said from my phone. “Who is this?” I teased. “You can’t take my son on a date.” “I didn’t ask him. He asked me.” “He stole my cell and called without permission.” “Sounds like a personal problem to me.” A low growling noise came out of the phone."

Anyway, I love Jupe, he is as funny as Cady is. Jupe may be a huge reason why I love the series. Most authors won't write in either of the two main characters having a son and I loved that Bennett did it. She made it work and it made the book even better.

I loved the plot one hundred percent. I loved by reading the synopsis that I still had no idea what this book was about. Look forward to demons and magic users on a whole new level. You will be wicked surprised when you open this book and the ending will shock you got of your socks. I really am looking forward for what is in store for Cady next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kindling the Moon.

Quotes Mariya Liked

Jenn Bennett
“Arcadia,” Lon’s voice said from my phone. “Who is this?” I teased.
“You can’t take my son on a date.” “I didn’t ask him. He asked me.” “He stole my cell and called without permission.” “Sounds like a personal problem to me.” A low growling noise came out of the phone.”

Jenn Bennett
“Maybe it involved a woman. Oh, maybe even a nun—ooh! Wouldn’t that be scandalous?” “Indeed, but no.”

Jenn Bennett
“He gathered me closer, kissed my neck, then spoke in a low voice next to my ear. “I figure, see, if you find yourself getting more attached to the two of us than you planned, maybe you won’t think about picking up and leaving to start another life somewhere else.”
Jenn Bennett, Kindling the Moon

07/19/2011 "yea. so everybody's who's recommended this to me totally convinced me to pick it up =DDDDD"
07/20/2011
14.0% "“Maybe it involved a woman. Oh, maybe even a nun—ooh! Wouldn’t that be scandalous?” “Indeed, but no. LOL" 3 comments
07/21/2011
39.0% "“You can’t take my son on a date.” “I didn’t ask him. He asked me.” “He stole my cell and called without permission.” “Sounds like a personal problem to me.” LOL"
07/22/2011
68.0% "“Don’t find me attractive?” he challenged playfully. “Not young and hip enough for you?”"
07/23/2011
100.0% "He gathered me closer, kissed my neck, then spoke in a low voice next to my ear. “I figure, see, if you find yourself getting more attached to the two of us than you planned, maybe you won’t think about picking up and leaving to start another life somewhere else.”"

Comments (showing 1-6)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 6: by Dija (new) - added it

Dija I can't wait to see how you like it. :)

Mariya I'm loving it so far =DDDDDD

message 4: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Great review looking forward to reading this

Jamie My favorite debut of the year. Dead on the Delta is a very close second. I love Lon and Cady and Jupe. The world Bennett conjured up is excellent. I can't wait to read more.

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Is this very SciFi? What other series would you compare it to?

Mariya I wouldn't say it is sci fi at all. It's urban fantasy. I can't really think of anything to compare it to really, b/c it's very different.