Amy Watt's Reviews > Until I Die

Until I Die by Amy Plum

Jul 08, 2011

bookshelves: romance, young-adult, fantasy-sci-fi-and-paranormal
Read from June 30 to July 04, 2012

I have always loved anything to do with Paris (or anything French for that matter) and I would love to live in Paris at some point in my life. Which is also one of the reasons I started this series.

Also? Just realised that I've read two books in a row by authors called 'Amy/Aimee' and both of the main characters are called 'Kate'. Snap!

The Kate in this book has discovered that her boyfriend is undead (well, she discovered it in the last book) and he is a revenant. Which means that he has such a serious hero-complex that he will sacrifice his life over and over to save the lives of humans. But don't despair! He comes back to life after 3 days (with all his injuries healed).

In this book, Kate and Vincent (her undead, revenant, hero-complex boyfriend) are trying to figure out how they will continue their relationship if Vincent is so hell-bent on saving every human around (they age until they die saving someone, at which point they revert back to the age they originally were). Kate, very understandably, is worried about what will happen if Vincent keeps sacrificing himself and becoming eighteen over and over again while she gradually gets older.

I'm not going to spoil much of this book but that ending! I can't believe I have to wait another year to find out what happens!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until I Die.