Kathy's Reviews > Kissing You is Like Trying to Punch a Ghost

Kissing You is Like Trying to Punch a Ghost by Brian Martinez

Sep 29, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, general-fiction
Read from September 25 to 28, 2011

I'm not sure how to review this book. Wierd, is a good choice. lol. For me, I was reminded of a little bit Kurt Vonnegut and a little bit Chuck Pahluniak.

Christoper is not exactly your average guy. He's a handyman and will do whatever you want him to do (nothing sexual, though) for $50.00 an hour. Nothing is too gross, hard or repugnant, he will do it all. He is the type of person who never censors or edits himself, almost like a child who says whatever is on their mind. The difference is a child doesn't knows any better, Christopher just doesn't care. He gets involved w/ a drug trial at the local hospital. And the craziness that follows, we're not sure if it's the result of the drug he's on or just Christopher. It's even hard to explain.

I enjoyed this book, even though I chose it only because in a bookgroup challenge I needed a book with the word "punch" in the title. So, even though I stumbled upon this for other reasons, I am really glad I did. I'm still shaking my head about it, but is that such a bad thing? lol
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kissing You is Like Trying to Punch a Ghost.