♥Rachel♥'s Reviews > Moonglass

Moonglass by Jessi Kirby

Jul 08, 2011

liked it

Anna is a sixteen-year old girl that has just moved from Pismo Beach where she's grown up, to Crystal Cove a beach town down south. She's not too happy about leaving her friends and grandma behind but her father hasn't given her a choice. He took a promotion as lifeguard supervisor there.

Crystal Cove is not new to Anna's father though, he was a lifeguard there when he was a teenager. In fact this is where her parents met and fell in love. Anna doesn't know much about this history though, her mother is an awkward topic of conversation for Anna and her father. When Anna was seven, her mother drowned in the ocean, with Anna as a witness.

Things at Crystal Cove start to improve when Anna, reluctantly, makes a new friend, Ashley. Ashley is a clueless, but sweet rich girl with a big caring heart. Anna also meets Tyler, a cute summer lifeguard with a smart mouth.

Living in the town where her mother spent her summers as a teenager, Anna begins to discover a side to her mother she never knew. This helps Anna piece together what really happened to her mother when she died.

This was a touching story about a girl coming to terms with the tragedy and loss of her mother and repairing the distance that developed with her father because of it. That, and a sweet romance mingled in as well!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonglass.

message 1: by Jenn (new)

Jenn I want to read this..but I need a happy HEA. I'm just coming down off of TVB and I need something as good as those boys gave. :o)

♥Rachel♥ Jenn, I probably should've rated this a 3 or 3.5 stars. I'll probably change my rating. I liked it but I wasn't in love with it. :)

message 3: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Okay forget then..lol that helps me BIG time.