Princess Bookie's Reviews > Shooting Stars

Shooting Stars by Allison Rushby

Jan 13, 2012

bookshelves: 2012debutachallenge, read2012
Read on January 07, 2012

My Thoughts: One word to sum this novel up? Cute...

We are introduced to Jo who is a photographer. Not just any kind of photographer but basically she is a paparazzi. She takes pictures of celebrities mostly. Her Dad is also a famous photographer who does the same.

Jo has one big advantage. She's small and looks young. She can easily sneak into a place pretending to be a young kid, people wouldn't give her a second thought thinking she might be filming them.

She gets the ultimate gig. To go on a retreat to take pictures of popular heartthrob Ned Hartnett. This retreat consists of group meetings, individual meetings, and fun things. It's so people can deal with their problems. She makes a few friends and things don't go as planned. She has gotten paid a lot of money (and will get paid the rest when she's done) for these pictures of Ned. It's her job. And she must do her job right and perfectly.

Of course things don't work out that way when she starts to have feelings for her target. With the help of her friend Mannie and her new friend Katrina she must figure out what is right and wrong, what she can do and not do with her guilty conscious.

Let's just say this, its a cute debut. It has a few lessons in the story. Thing's aren't always cookie cutter perfect for Jo, and she has tough decisions to make.

I also wanted to point out, I did not see that twist coming in regards to Ned. What the heck? That caught me off guard and totally surprised me and that is what reading is all about!

I loved the romance in this one! It was so sweet!

Overall: Shooting Stars is a cute fun read. A perfect book for a late Friday night when your home alone while your parents are out on a date or there is nothing on tv.

Shooting Stars was fun! There isn't a whole lot of depth to it (there is some) so its more of a fun sunny read. I really enjoyed it.

Cover: It's neat. I love how the girl is holding her camera and all the people are in the background doing the same.

What I'd Give It: 4/5 Cupcakes
________
Review Based On Softcover Edition

Taken From Princess Bookie
www.princessbookie.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shooting Stars.