Christel's Reviews > Acheron

Mar 28, 09

bookshelves: sherrilyn-kenyon
Recommended for: the Entire world
Read in August, 2008

** spoiler alert ** My hubby picked this up for me this afternoon. I am only on page 230 and have been crying for most of the book so far. Oh my poor Ash!!!

Okay I finished it!!! I have cried, laughed, cried some more, felt like I was Apollomyi and wanted to destroy the world and fell hopelessly in love with Acheron Parthenopaeus, again.

The first part of this book is when Ash was human many years ago in Didymos. My heart was broken for him. The way he was treated, abused, beaten. It also tells of his becoming a god and his relationship with Artie. I think I cried the most when he became Simi's father.

The second part is present day in new Orleans. It is the story of Tory and Ash. I love it now that Ash has someone that loves and cares for him the way he was meant to be treated. And finally Artie gets her comeuppance.

This is the BEST book I have read this year and will read this one again and again for I know I have missed parts. If you are starting the Dark Hunter series, start from the beginning and read through them in order to me if you do not read them in order you will miss alot and I mean alot.

If I could I would give this one 10 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acheron.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Heather I feel so bad for him for most of the book! Its so sad! I cant wait to hear what you think of the book when you get finished ;)

H

Heather Im so glad you loved it as much as me! Wasnt his story just heartbreaking?? I love him even more now!!!

message 3: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen I just started this yesterday and am about 250 pages in. It is rough going at the beginning. My heart is completely breaking for Ash. After everything he has done for DH's, to see how he suffered is tough.

And I think I have a new dislike for Artie too.

Heather I know! You start to hate Artie more and more in this book... She is such a bi**h huh? ;)