Amanda's Reviews > Sixteenth Summer

2682082
Aug 15, 11

bookshelves: cover-love, summery
Read from August 13 to 15, 2011

Aww! This is the sweetest book I've read in a loong time. Just the absolute perfect sweet summer love book. I loved the characters, and their dialogue was so funny and realistic. Sure, Anna and Will were a little too perfect to be real, but I liked them so much I really didn't care. I loved Anna's icecream obsession, even though it made me get a massive craving. & Dune Island is the most awesome place I've ever read about. :) Loved this book, perfect summer beach read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sixteenth Summer.

Quotes Amanda Liked

“A perfect person is easy to love. But when somebody likes all your imperfections, well, that's when you know they really mean it.”
Michelle Dalton, Sixteenth Summer

“Sometimes I wanted to dance and laugh with my friends until midnight, and sometimes I wanted to screen all calls and hide away with a tragic novel and a bag of candy. Sometimes I spend an hour trying to pretty myself up, and sometimes I could barely be bothered to comb the knots out of my hair before I left the house.
Sometimes I wanted to know what it felt like to tell a boy all my secrets. Other times, that seemed as impossible as waking up one morning to find myself fluent in a foreign language.
Sometimes I felt better alone that I did with people. And sometimes that just felt lonely.”
Michelle Dalton, Sixteenth Summer

“I wished on the moon, for something I never knew.”
tags: teens

“Then there was your voice
Like a windup tin toy
Like the sweetest nails on a chalkboard
That I ever heard”
tags: love, teens

“I don’t know what’s going to happen with us, Anna. But I’m always going to love you. That I know.”
Michelle Dalton, Sixteenth Summer

“As I pedaled my bike slowly home, I realized one more thing. I didn’t have to wonder if I’d ever be passionate or happy again. I was happy, even as I tasted tears on my lips, along with Will’s last kiss; even though part of me dreaded this day, my first without Will.
I was happy because I knew I’d never forget Will. Even if parts of this summer faded from my memory over time, even if Will’s face grew vague in my mind, I’s never forget what it had felt like to be with him for a few short months. What it had been like to be sixteen and in love for the first time.
I wouldn’t forget that – not ever.”
Michelle Dalton, Sixteenth Summer

“I loved being so consumed by Will. Adored it. But I kind of hated it too, because I felt like a huge part of myself had been wrested from my control. I mean, sometimes you just want to make a peanut butter sandwich without being overcome by your own passion, you know?”

08/14/2011 page 153