Irrish's Reviews > Enclave

Enclave by Ann Aguirre

Jul 08, 11

bookshelves: sauce-awesome-exclamation-point

I love everything Ann Aguirre usually writes and I guess it was inevitable that she'd end up writing a YA book since everyone seems to be doing it these days with the Dawn of the Stephanie Meyer Craptastic YA novels.

I actually did like this one despite some of the superfluous characters. The interaction between Deuce and Fade was great until Stalker and the useless Breeder girl came into the picture.

And come on, how can anyone stomach the fact that Stalker permitted rape and God knows what other things (Wolf chasing prey games) into the picture? HOW can Deuce say she understood his actions when she actually believed in the strong protecting the weak? Obviously these two characters were just thrown in to create some tension.

Other than that, I loved how strong Deuce was and how kick a$$ she can be. Fade is dreamy and broody. You also have to admire the world that Ann Aguirre created.

Not up to par with her Sirantha Jax novels but what can you expect when you have to deal with Teenage Angst?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enclave.