Cary's Reviews > I Kissed Dating Goodbye: A New Attitude Toward Relationships And Romance

I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris

Jan 22, 14

bookshelves: favorite, 2011
Read in January, 2011, read count: 1

One of the best books i've ever read. Through this book,I learned to wait and trust God's plan for my life especially in romantic relationships.

to review later
....
Time to pull my acts together back to God's perspective.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Kissed Dating Goodbye.

Quotes Cary Liked

Joshua Harris
“Don’t concern yourself with being right in others’ eyes. And don’t secretly hope that their lives will fall apart so that your opinion will be vindicated. Instead, concentrate on obeying God in your own life and, when possible, helping others to obey Him as well. You don’t have to prove others wrong to continue on the course you know God has shown you.”
Joshua Harris, I Kissed Dating Goodbye: A New Attitude Toward Relationships and Romance

Joshua Harris
“When God knows you're ready for the responsibility of commitment, He'll reveal the right person under the right circumstances.”

01/12 marked as: currently-reading
01/16 page 33
14.0% "An intimate relationship is a beautiful experience that God wants us to enjoy. But He has made the fulfillment of intimacy a by-product of commitment-based love."
01/17 page 35
14.0% "Intimacy without commitment is defrauding. Intimacy without friendship is superficial. A relationship based only on physical attraction and romantic feeling will last only as long as the feelings last."
01/19
20.0% ""Unless a man is prepared to ask a woman to be his wife, what right has he to claim her exclusive attention? Unless she has been asked to marry him, why should a sensible woman promise any man her exclusive attention?""
01/19
25.0% "True love always expresses itself in obedience to God and service to others. Good feelings are nice but not necessary."
01/20
25.0% "Just as springs role is different from that of fall, so each of the seasons of our lives has a
different emphasis, focus, and beauty. One is not better than another; each season yields its own
unique treasures. We cannot skip ahead to experience the riches of another life season any more than a
farmer can rush the spring. Each season builds on the one before it."
01/20
38.0% "True purity, however, is a direction, a persistent, determined pursuit of righteousness. This direction starts in the heart, and we express it in a lifestyle that flees opportunities for compromise."
01/20
38.0% "'Guys, it's time we stood up to defend the honor and righteousness of our sisters!' >>hays, josh, I just wish all men are like you. It really takes a lot of spiritual maturity for a man to have this kind of mindset."
01/20 page 113
48.0% "Repentance is a change of direction based on a change of hear."
01/20 page 113
48.0% "Friendship is about something other than the two people in the relationship; intimacy is about each other. >> ok, noted."
01/21 page 120
51.0% "Have the courage to obey now. Obedience today will save you a lot of sorrow and regret tomorrow. ~~yeah right, learned my lesson the hard way."
01/21 page 150
63.0% "Note to self: Spending my time sighing over what I've up doesn't impress God; obeying Him with joy does."
63.0% "Note to self: Spending
my time sighing over what I've given up
doesn't impress God; obeying Him
with joy does."
01/21 page 150
63.0% "Most people around us expect us to date; when we don't, they often challenge our standards, sometimes mock us, and ask a lot of questions. >> so true! the real challenge is how to effectively handle these external pressures when the cold doesn't bother you anyway."
01/22 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Absolutely Cheesy! Seriously, it will arrive. Just be patient. You are still young :)

Cary haha! This is indeed a very inspiring book. I cant imagine that Joshua Harris was able to write a kind of book like this at the age of 21. His perspective and insights on love and relationship was very mature for his age.

Maria Ella nice nice nice. Liked Boy meets girl better. :D