Brenna Gorbatov's Reviews > Yoga The Spirit And Practice Of Moving Into Stillness

Yoga The Spirit And Practice Of Moving Into Stillness by Erich Schiffmann

Jul 07, 11

Recommended to Brenna by: Amey Mathews
Recommended for: those interested in yoga
Read on June 01, 2011

This book is one you won't want to get rid of if you are practicing yogi. Erich Schiffman reminds yogis that yoga is more than the asanas; rather, it is about feeling, being open, being receptive to our true Selves. It is about living yoga. This book provides thoughtful, spiritual insight in the first portion of the book, and then detailed and helpful tips with pictures of various asana postures. This book is especially useful for people who struggle with mediation or live in their head too much since Schiffman offers several ways to meditate and feel our yoga practice. He also encourages yogis to practice with eyes closed to help silent their busy mind, which I find useful in my personal practice. This is a book I will forever have in my personal library. I was fortunate enough to have a friend let me borrow a copy, and now I want to have my own personal copy to come back to for years to come. Enjoy yoga lovers!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yoga The Spirit And Practice Of Moving Into Stillness.