Bluerose's Heart's Reviews > Restless in Carolina

Restless in Carolina by Tamara Leigh

Jul 29, 11

bookshelves: christian, romance

Bridget is definitely not the usual leading lady! I was shocked while reading to discover she had dredlocks. I had to completely "re-picture" her in my mind. Now, I'm not putting down dredlocks! :) It's just not everyday that you run across a character with them in Christian Fiction. She also has a pet opossum. Unfortunately, that just makes me cringe a little. It took a bit for me to like Bridget, or connect with her. The story starts out with her making a little girl cry. Come on, I'm a momma! So, she had to convince me to like her.

I haven't read the first and second books in this series, so while I kept up okay with the story, I kept feeling like I was missing something. I really think I would have liked this book more if I had read the other two. This is the first book I've read from Tamara, but I am looking forward to reading some of her others. Splitting Harriet and Stealing Adda are probably at the top, though.

Overall, this is a fun, light, humorous read!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Restless in Carolina.