Jennifer at The Bawdy Book Blog's Reviews > The "What If" Guy

"What If" Guy
\wut if gahy\ , noun;
1. a loose end;
2. an unknown;
3. a guy with whom you had a a wild love for, but stomped on his heart and left him standing in the rain, only to wonder "what if" you had stayed together

The What If Guy by Brooke Moss is super heart-warming. I mostly read paranormal, YA, and Dystopian, but occasionally I like to pick up a contemporary romance novel, and I prefer them with a lot of wit, snarkiness and rugged leading men. Grrrr baby grrrr. The What if Guy totally delivers all of this and more!
Autumn Cole lost her job, sold her possessions and moved from bustling Seattle to Fairfield, the small town where she grew up. She isn't going willingly; she loves Seattle, it's culture and the opportunities it presents for her 12-year-old son, who shows to be wise beyond his years. So Fairfield, with its nosy neighbors and small-town vibe, does not excite her. Nor does living with her alcoholic father.
There was only one thing I can really say I didn't like, and that's the constant back and forth between Autumn and her "what if" guy, Henry Tobler. When she runs into him after 13 long years, I expect friction (which we do get), but there was almost too much of it. At one point, I wanted to yell, "just make up your damn minds!" I do like the developing relationship between she and her father, Billy. It reaffirms the hope that people are capable of change. The dialogue was impeccable and quick, keeping me reading. But the What If Guy is the kind of book that you want to escape into, to get the warm fuzzies. And I was very warm and fuzzy at the end. I especially loved the the way it ended, and I look forward to more from this author.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The "What If" Guy.

07/11/2011 page 97