Kristen's Reviews > Paradise Rules

Jul 11, 11

bookshelves: galley-grab
Read from July 07 to 10, 2011

Originally Posted on Strawberry Splash Book Reviews

Gates, a seventeen year old from Colorado, has gone through a lot this summer. He has a deal with the owner of the golf club he is a caddy at: win lots a money off of millionaires in golf and he can play on the course. He also has been having sex with his 40 year old godmother even though he said he was going to lose his virginity to his girlfriend Mel. He loves his girlfriend and only his girlfriend but he can't sleep with her while hiding all his secrets and she knows he is hiding something. His mom has nervous breakdowns and has tried to kill herself so he has no one to turn to and his life is starting to fall apart.

I thought this books was very good. I really enjoyed it. I think most people can relate to Gates. I mean I haven't had sex with someone twice my age or played in high stakes golf competitions but I understand being pressured to hide big things like that to protect other people. I liked his OCD friend, Timmy Timmy Timmy. He was definitely my favorite character in the book.

I think the book was well written and I would love to read more of Jimmy Gleacher's books. The only reason this book doesn't get five stars is because it took a little while for me to actually get into the book. The beginning is a little slow but I really liked the ending.

I definitely recommend this book to any of my blog readers that read adult fiction. It comes out tomorrow so go buy it. Thanks to S&S for the chance to read the book early!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paradise Rules.

07/07/2011 page 67