Hannah (The Irish Banana Review)'s Reviews > Tempest

Tempest by Julie Cross

Jan 13, 12

Read in January, 2012

I had a feeling I would love this book as soon as I read the synopsis. My only initial hesitation about it was because it was a male POV telling the tale. Let’s face it: Most girls want to read books about, well, girls. It can be difficult to get into the mind of a guy, and most of us would rather avoid thinking like a guy (you know it’s true!).

I can thankfully say that I was completely wrong about this book, and I adored Jackson by the end of chapter one.

I’m a romance junkie—I live for that magical connection between two characters that just sends sparks flying off the pages, and that is exactly what I got with Jackson and Holly. Julie Cross made me fall in love with these two almost right away. The way she writes them, and their love story, was nothing short of delicious. I loved every second of it.

I was a bit off-put by the fact that nothing Jackson did in the past would change the future. While that was later explained, I still felt somewhat disgruntled by it. Maybe I’ve watched The Butterfly Effect too many times, but I thought that somehow cheapened the story. I wanted Jackson to be able to fix the past so everything would turn out pretty in the present/future.

Cross couldn’t have asked for a better debut; she gave me action, romance, drama, and mystery in one fantastic package. Her writing is breathtaking and I’m sure she’ll be around for a long time to come. I highly recommend you get your own copy ASAP!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempest.