Judy Iliff's Reviews > The Cat, the Quilt and the Corpse

The Cat, the Quilt and the Corpse by Leann Sweeney

Dec 13, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read in July, 2011

I really enjoyed this book and will read the others in the series - as soon as my Kindle gets fixed! Again the main character is a woman who doesn't do whatever because she's told to not do it. I'm so over simpering, ditzy women that finding strong women characters is refreshing!

Here's what Publisher's Weekly had to say about the book:
"Sweeney (Pick Your Poison) launches the Cats in Trouble mystery series with a meandering whodunit. Jillian Hart is content making and selling cat quilts and living quietly in Mercy, S.C., with her three cats, Syrah, Chablis and Merlot. When Syrah is catnapped, Jillian finds not only the thief-thanks to a state-of-the-art alarm system installed by charming PI Tom Stewart-but also a murder mystery to solve. The cats are entertaining four-legged assistants, with traits like Chablis's human allergy and Merlot's ninja-style defensive tactics. Jillian's quirky neighbors also liven up the thin plot, particularly Tom, whose knack with alarms and computers comes in handy, and flamboyant deputy coroner Lydia Monk. Kitty-lovers will enjoy the feline trivia, but readers looking for a complex mystery will chafe at the slow pace and last-minute revelations.
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved."

If you like quilts, if you like cats, and if you like cozies, I think you will enjoy this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cat, the Quilt and the Corpse.