Beth Peninger's Reviews > The Sweet Potato Queens' First Big-Ass Novel: Stuff We Didn't Actually Do, But Could Have, and May Yet

The Sweet Potato Queens' First Big-Ass Novel by Jill Conner Browne

Jul 11, 11

Read from July 10 to 11, 2011

I have never heard of the SPQ's so this whole thing was new to me. And this book happens to be the only fiction book (so far) about the SPQ's. I thought it was funny and well written. I could, however, done without the copious amounts of language. Whew. I was ready to be done with the book just so I could be done reading the swear words!
This is the fictional story of 5 people (one guy, 4 gals) who band together in high school because they are the outcasts. They decide to snub all the rich kid, popular kid groups and form their own. Hello Sweet Potato Queen's! The book then follows them as they age and grow up into adults and live out their adult lives.
Despite the language it is a great story of deep friendship. It proves that deep and lasting friendship is possible but takes work and attention.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweet Potato Queens' First Big-Ass Novel.