Natali's Reviews > Songs For A Teenage Nomad

2059885
Jul 07, 11

bookshelves: summer-reading-list-2011, favorites, recommended-for-girls
Read in July, 2011

Such a great book! I loved the metaphors and the hidden meanings of the story and the main character herself. She was just so deep and complex, it was difficult to know exactly what she was thinking. There were some loose ends that I thought were not tied up as neatly as I wanted and Sam (love interest) just really bugged me, I really enjoyed it. Music lovers and song writers will appreciate!

For the past 8 years, 15 year old Calle has been living the same life over and over and over again. Her mom finds a man, they date for a few weeks, they get married, they fight, he leaves, and Calle's mom breaks out their map of California, flips a coin, and takes them to the place the coin lands on. Calles is used to it, and that's why she has her song journal. But in Andreas Bay, Calle finds something she never really had before: friends. A clique. The drama kids accept her the minute she walks through the door. And there's Sam, the cute football player with a few secrets of his own. Not only does Calle find friends, but she may even find the reason why her father left, why they keep running away, and even better: finding out what they are running away from.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Songs For A Teenage Nomad.