Nancygoodman's Reviews > Blind Your Ponies

Blind Your Ponies by Stanley Gordon West

U_50x66
Jul 07, 11

Recommended to Nancygoodman by: Robyn Arguellas
Recommended for: Anyone interested in Montana or basketball.
Read from June 15 to July 01, 2011, read count: 1

I was particularly interested in reading this story because my grandsons play basketball in Ennis, Montana and compete against a team that is now Harrison/Willow Creek who are still 20 years afer the time of this amazing story, a very aggressive and competitive team and awesome opponent. I wanted to see what drives these six boys to succeed.

Stanley West did a beautiful job of developing the character of each of the basketball players and the coach, but went much further to develop the character of the small town. Each inhabitant seemed to have thier own ghost from some tragic event who brought them to this small Montana town. Many took great comfort in the slight chance that their boys, against all odds might overcome the insurmountable odds , to succeed and in some way give them all hope to carry on. It seems that everyone in Small Town Monatana live and die by the success of their athletic teams. I will forever share a bleacher with hopeful fans and wonder at their stories and thier ghosts. Go, team, Go!

One of my favorite quotes from this book read someting like; "Courage is not getting up when you are knocked down; courage is getting up when you are certain of being knocked down again."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blind Your Ponies.