Ash's Reviews > Hush, Hush

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Jul 09, 11

bookshelves: library-borrowed, read-in-2011, reviewed-typing-tiara-blog
Read on July 09, 2011

My review of Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick is based on a hardcover copy of the book that I borrowed from my local library. The following review is my honest opinion of the work.

I can totally relate to Nora. What is with this string of awesome YA heroines I'm finding? One of my favorite traits in a heroine, something that I can instantly relate to, is being the perfect nerd. What I mean by this is that she is the girl that no one expects anything from but good grades; she's the girl you can always depend on to have the answers, the spare supplies, her homework and extra credit complete weeks in advance. I love this girl because one upon a time I was this girl. I still can be. I love reading about girls like this because [in the paranormal genre anyway] she is taken out of her element and forced to evolve and live the ultimate fantasy. Something I always wished would have happened to me in biology class. ;o

I can also see why Patch is so frequently being swooned over. He's the ultimate bad boy. As Vee said, "I have to admit, his dark side calls to me". You've heard me talk about the perfect bad boy before, completely bad to the bone with a heart of gold. The kind that a girl could hold out hope for, the one that she might just be able to redeem. Patch is that guy. He's had a horrible past and wasn't a good guy and he still isn't...but he might find his way there sometime. In the mean time he is hot, hot, HOT.

Fast-moving plot, couldn't believe how fast I flew through the book. It was over almost as soon as I started it and left me desperately wanting more. From beginning to end Hush, Hush was nothing like I had expected it to be. I had expected something light, fluffy a simple paranormal romance but what I got was so much more. It was the ultimate in dark paranormal YA and dusted with a steamy romance that left me wishing I could really step into Nora's shoes.

All in all I have to admit that this string of awesome YA paranormal reads is slowly but surely making a believer out of me when it comes to angels. I'm giving Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick a out four of five stars review. Though Patch and his legion of fangirls [of which I now consider myself a member] are what drew my attention to the novel there is so much more here. It was nothing like what I was expecting and I cannot wait to get the next one. I hadn't even closed the book yet and I was already raising towards my computer to place a hold on Crescendo...unfortunately I am number thirty-five in line...I have a feeling that one way or another I will be getting this book much sooner.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hush, Hush.

07/09/2011 page 33
8.0% "Wow. Those first few pages just flew by. Starting to see why Patch is such a favorite. :]"
07/09/2011 page 90
23.0% "The problem with checking out books from the library is that I discover they are amazing and then have to buy them so that they can be on my shelves where I can reread them over and over and over...this is turning out to be one of those books."
show 1 hidden update…