N.T. Embe's Reviews > V.B. Rose Volume 7

V.B. Rose Volume 7 by Banri Hidaka

Jul 10, 11

bookshelves: manga
Recommended to N.T. Embe by: Ine Terazue
Recommended for: Big-time relationship-drama lovers! Cuteness lovers! EPIC GUY lovers!!!
Read from July 07 to 10, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 6

Oh, ho ho ho ho~ This is beginning to get good. To get really good. *Smirks and bares her teeth wickedly* Now this is drama that is unquestionably delicious. The way that we pick up from the last volume throws us right into the awakening of many things we've been waiting for for quite some time. But oh, it gets only cuter at first. It's a trip and a half of suspense-riddled adorableness topped off with "Squee!"-Cute. Then we get the next hit--and it's intense and ground-shaking. Kana-san will unravel your world~ *Grins deviously* But oh, that's not where the true threat lies, oh no. Not in Kana-san, though you go through the first half of the volume thinking the only problem is her. Heh. How perfectly wrong you are. But what hits you... will remain a mystery. I will not tell you what happens. In fact, I'm leaving out a lot as it is. *Smiles sweetly* But man will your world be thrown into disorder! I don't know how many of you feel about certain characters and the way that they've been acting in this series so far, but I can give you one hint:

Both of these two situations... make so much sense. <3 And dang does one look like it's about to completely pay off! *Grins*

Okay, so that's about all I need to say about this volume plot-wise. I'm finding it surprisingly hard to review mangas in comparison to actual books. o-o Maybe it's because a manga moves so much faster than most books that the entire thing is usually spoiler-ridden. D: And I don't support spoiling things, so it becomes a true difficulty to do anything except rant and rave about different things. However, I guess I can ramble about the characters a bit more!

I feel that Yukari is growing. Or perhaps we're seeing more of him that we haven't really had the chance to yet because both his feelings and daily situation is constantly changing. And that in part affects him as well. He's such a strong and bold character, yet seeing this other side to him, we've come to see so many shades that make him the full person he truly is. And the fact that he's so honest with himself is only compromised by his carefulness whenever he's doing (or wants to do) something inspired by his own desires. Sometimes I feel he needs to grow out of that, and yet at other times I love the fact that he's capable of both. I just think he isn't as balanced yet as he can be. And once he starts being openly honest about how he feels in front of everyone, then I think he'll change a lot, and for the better.

Mitsu is another case that I simply don't get. He's wonderful and pervy but dedicated. Not to mention the intimate and supportive relationship he has with Yukari is fantastically entertaining and even a little hot to watch! Yaoi fangirls will love this aspect of their relationship. However we've still got the fact that for all the good qualities and intelligence that Mitsu has, he's not really one to take things seriously (on the surface anyway), at least when it concerns his family. And then when it comes to Tsuyu... *Stares blankly ahead* I have no clue what to make of it. "Mitsuya-sama" has me baffled. Why he acts that way makes no sense since Tsuyu for her part is being absolutely amazing with him. Maybe he does only like taking advantage of the weakness he senses, and enjoys the fact that she gives him a boost above herself by knowing how she feels. But bah. I don't see a reason to antagonize her about it since she doesn't trouble him with expectations or her feelings! >_< I clearly need to read more. This confuses me like nuts.

Tsuyu and Kana-chan are absolutely awesome in this volume. We get to see very little of Tsuyu in this one, but how she goes out of her way to establish a connection with Ageha and try to guide her through something in the least painful way possible is so sweet! This woman is absolutely beautiful in how considerate and gentle she is. Her heart is so wonderful. You can definitely see it in the smallest, quietest things she does. <3 Tsuyu is absolute love! ^__^!! Kana-chan--though my comments may surprise you--is just as epic as Tsuyu, although I admit I never noticed it or even understood how she did it the first couple of times I read through this part in the series. But the truth is, all her harshness and her outrageously silent, demanding personality cannot hide the fact that she's keener than a bird of prey: she gets what's going on faster than anyone else outside of the loop, and she doesn't even have to know or like the person to figure it out. Plus, she's bold and curt enough to put it out there if she wants to. And it's epic because she totally didn't have to do what she did. She didn't have to say what she said. Some might think it comes from her own personal experiences, the thing she said to Yukari when Ageha was there--but I'm pretty dang sure that she did it for more than that. She did it because she's not a cruel, cold person like she seems to be. She did it specifically because she has feelings too. And it was kind of her to do that thing. Whether you can see it or not, she stood up for Ageha there. And that's an incredible statement to make: especially after what we've found out in this volume.

As for our heroine, Ageha~ She's a bundle of confusion as always. Poor dear really is being torn every which way. It gets a little annoying seeing all the drama that she has to go through, but at the same time, going through it is... kind of exhilarating! I just wish she would handle it differently, even though I feel that a considerable amount of her thoughts and reactions are to be expected, because anyone would feel that way normally.

In a nutshell, things are going CRAZY! And in SUCH a good way! You've really got to go for this one! You're going to LOVE it. It's got so much emotional tension and tossing/turning that it'll leave you either thrilled or pulling your hair out--OR BOTH~! Definitely pick this up and read it!! The surprises are AWESOME in this book! Because MAN do these characters know how to carry out those actions! *Laughs* See you in the next review~!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read V.B. Rose Volume 7.

07/07/2011 page 0
0.0% "Oh my goodness! D8 How did I get so far in this series already?! Did you know that after this volume, we're HALFWAY DONE?! AHHH! That's amazing! D8 But since the last two volumes haven't come out in America yet, I'm going to be waiting a bit still. Even so, I can't wait! Getting closer to ALL the good stuff! YAY! I think either this one or the next are my favorite volumes. >W< Let's go see!!! Come on!!! 8D"
07/07/2011 page 7
3.0% "XD .....end of cliffhanger. <3"
07/07/2011 page 9
4.0% "Awwhawhawwww~ The poor baby. <33333 I feel for him. X3"
07/07/2011 page 10
5.0% "Ageha-doggie is SERIOUSLY cute. >//W//< <3 On a side note: Mitsu smoking? D; Respect points down sooo much. v___v;;"
07/07/2011 page 16
8.0% "STALKERS! >XD THE LOT OF 'EM!! <333 I love it. >W> *Totally approves of what they're doing* XD"
07/07/2011 page 17
8.0% "AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA. XDDDD SO RANDOM!!! And yet ohhh Mitsu~ Clever, clever Mitsu~ XD"
07/07/2011 page 51
25.0% "AND THE SECRET IS REVEALED!!!! DUN, DUN, DUUUUNNNNNN!! So how many of you figured it out from the pictures in the past novels? 8D *Giggles*"
07/07/2011 page 55
26.0% "...that was cute. X3 Poor Tsuyu-kun, though! <333"
07/07/2011 page 52
25.0% "Going back for a second. Typo. Yukari: "What's* with you all of a sudden?""
07/07/2011 page 56
27.0% "Another typo. I guess it was because of all of the excitement. Yukari-kun again: "Look at how white you are. Go* bask in the sun. Go photosynthesize." It happens. <3 Shame there were two so close to each other though."
07/07/2011 page 63
30.0% "I love how Tsuyu is looking out for Ageha. I know you might not be able to tell, but she knows about Kana-chan too, so~ She's really taking care of her. Or trying to anyways. ^__^"
07/07/2011 page 66
32.0% "*Facepalms* Nice job, Sekiguchi! This was the worst thing you've done yet! For once, I can literally criticize you: You're a loose-lipped idiot."
07/07/2011 page 68
33.0% "No, no! The drama! SHE IS COMING BAAACK! And not in the delicious way! DX< ...well maybe for some people. >3> Personally I think I'm gonna fling myself at the wall and knock myself unconscious. XP Stupid Sekiguchi being a blabber-mouthing dumbbutt."
07/10/2011 page 73
35.0% "Man, I feel sorry for Mamoru-chan. I mean, if I was her, I'd be like, "Pay attention to me and lets not talk about relationship stuff right now! DX" Especially if we're having a party to celebrate and it's just the two of us! >_<;; But well, I can't blame Ageha either... I'm the type to over-think things myself. So I know where she's coming from. It's just getting a little redundant by now."
07/10/2011 page 76
37.0% "I love Mamoru-chan when she smiles. I mean, -really- smiles. <333"
07/10/2011 page 81
39.0% "*SQUEALS!* OMG IT'S THE PART, IT'S THE PART!! GO NAT-CHAN, GO~! 8DDDD!!! Not to mention, anyone else smirk/grin when he thanked his sister for his "Christmas Present"? ;D"
07/10/2011 page 82
39.0% "Who can blame him? XD Poor Nat-chan~ AND OOH. OHHHHH. GOOD PART IS COMING UP. GET READY FOR IT! >8D"
07/10/2011 page 84
40.0% "Oh my God! OH. MY. GOD!!! Wasn't that just EPIC!?!!!?!?!?! EEEEE! *Flipping out!!* HE TOTALLY JUST--*Shot!* @__@ Okay fine! No spoilers! BUT OH MY GOOOOODDDDD YOU HAVE TO READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!! NAT-CHAN! YOU'RE SO FLIPPIN' HOT!!!!!!"
07/10/2011 page 85
41.0% "Hehehehehe... Look at her reaction. Now tell me that isn't epic! X333!! Way to go Nagare-kun~! <3"
07/10/2011 page 92
44.0% "...that is such a Tseng-habit. *Talking about the habit Yukari has~*"
07/10/2011 page 93
45.0% ">XD!!! Oh poor Arisaka-kun~! <333 Always getting hit in the back of the head when he least expects it! *Giggles!* I love seeing his torment. >W<"
07/10/2011 page 94
45.0% ">XD!!! ...I repeat: I LOVE seeing Yukari's torment. I know, you're probably thinking: "What gives?! I thought you were cheering for HIS team?! D8<" Heh... I'm cheering for BOTH of them. They're both epic. And they both deserve it. >:3 And if they happen to claaaash along the waaaaaay~ >83 Who am I to stop them? <3"
07/10/2011 page 95
46.0% "XDDDD!! How quickly Yukari goes into Business Mode and then when he hears it's Sekiguchi, *Still in same happy lilting voice: "I'm hanging up~!"* <-- XDDDDD!!!! <3"
07/10/2011 page 96
46.0% "WHOOT! HECK YEAH~! >8D YUKARI-KUN'S THA' MAN~! OH YEAH! That was EPIC! WHOOT! *Cheers!* You go Yukari Arisaka-kun~! >XD!!"
07/10/2011 page 99
48.0% ">XDDDD!! I love these four kids together. They're awesome/hilarious to watch!!! POOR SHIZUYA~! Everyone is out to kill him! >XDDD!! <3"
07/10/2011 page 102
49.0% "'_' I love how Mitsu is always casually flirting with Yukari-kun. ...somehow it satisfies something inside of me whenever I think of those two. <3"
07/10/2011 page 111
53.0% "Oh... my heart just... fluttered. Seeing that face, and how he smiled.... <3"
07/10/2011 page 117
56.0% "Is it just me, or are all the profile pictures on this page gorgeous? *W* *Is mostly looking at Arisaka* ...man this guy is pretty beyond belief. *ENVY* XD"
07/10/2011 page 121
58.0% "That's the spirit, Ageha! 8D You two are both finally making progress~! YAY!"
07/10/2011 page 123
59.0% "Kana-san looks very uncomfortable in that outfit. o=o;;"
07/10/2011 page 131
63.0% "I finally understand what Kana did here... *Smiles faintly* ...she's a really understanding girl, huh? She definitely knows more than she lets on, so the fact that she's letting on now is... a mark of true kindness."
07/10/2011 page 143
69.0% "It's a little strange... I feel a lot like Yukari here. I don't always understand people's emotions. In fact, I very often don't comprehend them well. I think very systematically, problem-solving and not always emotional. So... Yukari's train of thought makes a lot of sense to me. It's only because I read this so many times now that I understand. And it's why... I really appreciate Kana-san."
07/10/2011 page 147
71.0% "That horrible, gut-wrenching question we all have to ask ourselves... God, I don't envy Ageha's place right now. *Been there*"
07/10/2011 page 154
74.0% "This kid... is really amazing. Nagare-kun... *Smiles faintly, affectionately*"
07/10/2011 page 160
77.0% "They are so close~ <3 Nagare-kun and Ageha~"
07/10/2011 page 173
83.0% "O____O!!!!!! NAGARE-KUN DID IT!"
07/10/2011 page 175
84.0% "OMG AND THEN THE HANG UP!? HOLY CRAP!!!! -THIS- IS PLAYING HARD AT LOVE AND WAR!!!!!!! GOOD GOD!"
07/10/2011 page 179
86.0% "...and then even after all that, he cares about her feelings. ...God this guy is amazing...!"
07/10/2011 page 181
87.0% "Complimenting an enemy. So like you, Arisaka-san. And Mitsu... You're just like Rain. XD And Zack! SERIOUSLY. <3333333"
07/10/2011 page 182
88.0% "OH GOD! *Nosebleeds!* That LOOK Yukari gave him! GAHHHHH!! *Dies* ...so... unbelievably... GUH! *Gushes wordless sounds of love*"
07/10/2011 page 208
100.0% "I love reading Hidaka-sensei's cute sections at the end! And this time there was an additional one all about clothes! 8D So much fun!!! <3 I totally agree with her, by the way. Making your characters wear, look, and act the way you want is SO much fun! >W< Though they don't always let you. 8D Teehee~! ON TO THE NEXT ACTION-PACKED VOLUME! YAY!!! *Runs off!*"

message 1: by Rain (new)

Rain Misoa You had me at YAOI!!! XDDD I really want to see those parts now! As you know full well, I can never have too many yaoi moments in my life! XD

Also... I'm not sure if I'll like every part of this manga. It really does sound to be too much on the "girly" side. I hope I can stand it. BUT! For the majority... I think I can suck it up and read. XP

N.T. Embe You may not like every part, but you'll like ONE of the parts DEFINITELY. Trust me. <3

message 3: by Rain (new)

Rain Misoa *Nods* Oh, I have no doubt about that! I can already tell there are some things that's going to make me want to squee with the happy~ XD

message 4: by Maggie (new) - added it

Maggie After reading your comment, Im really excited to read the 7th one now =) I'v enjoyed the books, but probably rate the overall series so far just a 4, its cute, but i feel like i'v been waiting forever for any big time drama to happen and i feel that it has big potential especially with the characters personalaties ^^

N.T. Embe Maggie wrote: "After reading your comment, Im really excited to read the 7th one now =) I'v enjoyed the books, but probably rate the overall series so far just a 4, its cute, but i feel like i'v been waiting fore..."

I've found that this series is one to build up really slowly. It starts to get truly entertaining--at least for me--around the mid-point and onwards. ^__^ But at the same time, it's relaxing to read a manga that's not OH MY GOD EVERYTHING IS EXPLODING AROUND ME WHAT AM I GOING TO DOOOO!??!?! all the time. x3 Sometimes, you just want to read something sweet and enjoyable. And for me, reading this manga was my personal break from all the chaos in my life. That's probably why I rate it so high, even if it may be taken differently, even poorly, by others. :3

Either way though, I'm glad that you're enjoying it! I promise after this one that things will pick up some more. ^^ You'll see! It all gets better from here on out!

message 6: by Maggie (new) - added it

Maggie Nicole wrote: "Maggie wrote: "After reading your comment, Im really excited to read the 7th one now =) I'v enjoyed the books, but probably rate the overall series so far just a 4, its cute, but i feel like i'v be..."

N.T. Embe Maggie wrote: "Yay! Im excited ^^ As much as fast pace manga's are good, I have to agree with you that I really do like the slow pace of this. Its like my anti stress relief:) "

I know! That's one of the things I appreciated the most about it. It's got its drama, but it's not so crazy or gut-wrenching that you go ballistic and freak out about it. At least, not in a BAD way. XD