Peace Love and Reviews's Reviews > Spying in High Heels

Spying in High Heels by Gemma Halliday

Jul 28, 2011

it was ok
Read from July 25 to 28, 2011

I have a craving for mystery genre, after reading the Stephanie Plum series, I wanted to read more but I need a change of hero/heroine and Gemma Halliday's High Heels mystery came highly recommended.

Maddie was not the heroine I expected her to be, in fact my initial reaction was idiot, naive, and cliche. If your boyfriend bailed and there was a $20 million embezzeled funds missing along with him, found a condom in his office while you were snooping, or was told by a Detective that your boyfriend is actually married; aren't you going to get suspicious? Sure Maddie was suspicous but she still have all this rigtheous feelings that what she heard couldn't be true, even though she realized that she didn't really know anything about him outside their relationship. There is also that slight possibility that she is being fed with false information but still, her reactions just seems unreal considering the theme of the story is mystery, not my kind of sleuthing from where I'm reading. Maddie's procrastination is kind of annoying, I would have the result of the EPT the first time I'm late and I would call said "wife" and see if it is true instead of living in denial.

I did like that she gets her clues from the shoes. Kind of ridiculous but it fits the title. It is entertaining yet I could not connect with the main character and the lack of action. I'll give it another try and read the second book. If you are looking for a light read chick lit mystery then this book is for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spying in High Heels.