Patricia Puddle's Reviews > Joni-Pip

Joni-Pip by Carrie King

Oct 09, 11

Read from July 07 to October 09, 2011 — I own a copy

As I'm busy writing three sequels, my first Y/A book, a new series as well as working and spending time with my grandchildren, I don't have much time for reading. However, I'm reading Joni-Pip by Carrie King at the moment. I read at night, usually just before going to sleep. (Of course it isn't night really, it's usually 3 am in the morning, sometimes even four or maybe 5 am. Anyway, I'm halfway through chapter three and really enjoying this story. It's set in England during World War ll. It's quite unusual and so far, it's about the life of a very spoilt and privileged girl, but I think she's about to learn a lesson that not all children are as lucky and spoilt as her. I'll read some more tonight. (I mean this morning.)

Oh, I forgot to say that the illustrations are fabulous.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Joni-Pip.

07/07/2011 page 26

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Timothy Pilgrim I've been saying it was a bit more than just 'good' for ages! Glad you're enjoying it Patricia.
All the best Paul Rix [oldgeezer]

Patricia Puddle Hi Tim. Yes, it's a great book. Wonderful for children of all ages and adults too. when I've finished it. I'll be lending it to my mother. She's 83 but reads all my children's books and I know she'll love this as she was a child during WWll.

Timothy Pilgrim Hi Patricia,
If your mum is into books about kiddies
based on/set in ww2 check out 'Moggie grows up' by Margret Gail. It is her memories of her time as an evacuee from the blitz.
All the best Paul Rix [oldgeezer]

Patricia Puddle Timothy wrote: "Hi Patricia,
If your mum is into books about kiddies
A..."

Thanks Timothy, I'll do that, when I've gotten through the books I've listed to read, but I have to get my fourth children's book published in the next few weeks too. I'll mention it to my mother for sure though.

My mother lives in a retirement village and I gave her a copies of all of my three self-published children's books. Then her pals bought all of my three books in paperback format, and they loved them. Now, they're asking for the next one. It's great to know pensioners love reading children's books. They're some of my best customers.