Anna's Reviews > Between the Lines

Between the Lines by Tammara Webber

Aug 16, 11

bookshelves: read-2011, ya, contemporary
Read from July 08 to 14, 2011

Review originally posted at http://bookstobrightenyourmood.blogsp...

Between the Lines was a fun and easy read, just the exact thing I needed right now!Not a book I can see myself re-reading,but one I enjoyed nevertheless!

First of all,have you read the premise?I don't know about you,but as soon as I read about an undeniable chemistry between two actors,one the famous actor every girl drools over and the other a sweet girl with no huge career-yet-,I knew I just had to read this book!And thankfully,it didn't disappoint me!

Although,I thought that the story dragged a bit in some points,and,especially at the beggining I was a bit lost with all the names mentioned and who was who (well,for that I might as well put the blame solely on me,cause it took me rather long to read this book what with having to do constantly anything else but read the last few days),but by the end of the day,Between the Lines was more or less exactly what I wanted to read and exactly what the premise promised: a light,fun teen romance that also surprised me by dealing and refering to some serious social issues such as teen pregnancy or alcoholism.I really liked that.

The characters were ok I guess,though I couldn't like Reid,the male protagonist,in any way.I could understand what drove his actions but that wasn't an excuse and to be honest,despite my understanding,I couldn't like him.I'm guessing the writer didn't mind to make her readers really like Reid,at least that's my assumption (what made me think in that way is spoilerish,so I'm not reffering to it all!)
Emma on the other hand is a fully developed character and one you can totally relate to.I liked pretty much everything about her and her decisions by the end of the book made me love her even more.
Now,as for the secondary characters,there were too many for me,thus some of them were better developed than others,while a few weren't developed at all,and that's completely logical coming to think about it...

Anyway,Between the Lines is a fun book,that you will finish in no time (I would too if I had the chance!) and although it's not the book you will remember long after finishing it,you will have a perfectly good time while reading it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between the Lines.