Amy's Reviews > Lord Wraybourne's Betrothed

Lord Wraybourne's Betrothed by Jo Beverley

Jul 07, 11

bookshelves: historical-romance
Read in July, 2011

A very clean, very fun historical romance. Though not geared specifically toward young adults, it would definitely be suitable for them to read. It is always such a lovely surprise when I close a book and find that not only did I thoroughly enjoy myself reading it, but that I can now tell some of the mother/teen daughter pairs that I know of it and know with confidence that both will enjoy it.

There's not much to tell about the plot that you can't find on other review boards, so I'll try to concentrate on other aspects. It had a good subplot regarding Lord Wraybourne's sister that could have easily been made into its own book and I would have devoured it. Sophie was indeed an excellent character all on her own and I hope I stumble across her story. Granted, even if I don't, it had a very satisfying conclusion, but still....

There was a definite mystery going on throughout it and it was extremely well written. By the end of the book, I was still debating between the same two characters they were, but it was very well played out and resolved. I won't give a spoiler, but I will say that after you find out who the bad guy is, there's still a few twists to leave a smile on your face and keep you turning the pages.

As for the primary romance, I have to say that the characters were exceptionally well written. I found both of them believable within the period that they were written into. The dialogue was wonderful and I found myself sharing it with my husband several times...and he laughed. Always a good test.

Anyway, I picked up the very next book of her's that I happened to have and am waiting for lunch to begin it. =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord Wraybourne's Betrothed.