Lauren Murphy's Reviews > Victoria Gardella: Vampire Slayer

Jul 07, 11

bookshelves: paranormal
Read in July, 2011

This review was first posted @ The Australian Bookshelf

This is a short story, designed to be a bit of a taster for the Gardella Vampire Chronicles and it definitely left me hungry for more! I ‘listened’ to this on my Kindle using the ‘text to speech’ feature and so I was able to get through the story in one day during a car trip to and from work. Having never read any of the books in this series I had no idea what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. Victoria Gardella is a vampire slayer in London, 1819 and Gleason provides a nice introduction to the Victorian society. Victoria is being courted by Phillip, the Marquess of Rockley who is unaware of her nocturnal occupation. At a ball, Victoria senses the presence of the undead and she takes it upon herself to hunt them down, while trying to keep her date happy and completely oblivious to what she is up to.

I quite enjoyed this short story and I enjoyed Gleason’s writing style and the historical romance aspect to the story which gives the vampire genre a nice spin. I will certainly check out some of her other titles and perhaps make a dive into The Gardella Vampire Chronicles in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Victoria Gardella.