Monica Cook's Reviews > City of Lost Souls

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

Jul 07, 12

bookshelves: books-read-2012, favourites
Read from June 17 to July 07, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Lost Souls.

Quotes Monica Cook Liked

Cassandra Clare
“Missing, one stunningly attractive teenage boy. Answers to 'Jace' or 'Hot Stuff”

Cassandra Clare
“Basia coquum," Simon said. "Or whatever their motto is."
"It's 'Descensus Averno facilis est.' 'The descent into hell is easy," said Alec. "You just said "Kiss the cook."
"Dammit," said Simon. "I knew Jace was screwing with me.”

Cassandra Clare
“How was the Seelie Queen?"
"Same as usual."
"Raging bitch, then?"
"Pretty much.”

Cassandra Clare
“Do you remember,” he said, “when we first met and I told you I was ninety percent sure putting a rune on you wouldn’t kill you—and you slapped me in the face and told me it was for the other ten percent?” Clary nodded.
“I always figured a demon would kill me,” he said. “A rogue Downworlder. A battle. But I realized then that I just might die if I didn’t get to kiss you, and soon.” Clary licked her dry lips. “Well, you did,” she said. “Kiss me, I mean.”
He reached up and took a curl of her hair between his fingers. He was close enough that she could feel the warmth of his body, smell his soap and skin and hair.
“Not enough,” he said, letting her hair slip through his fingers. “If I kiss you all day every day for the rest of my life, it won’t be enough.”

Cassandra Clare
“He grinned. “I was trying to remember all the deadly sins the other day,” he said. “Greed,envy, gluttony, irony, pedantry…”
“I’m pretty sure irony isn’t a deadly sin.”
“I’m pretty sure it is.”
“Lust,” she said. “Lust is a deadly sin.”
“And spanking.”
“I think that falls under lust.”
“I think it should have its own category,” said Jace. “Greed, envy, gluttony, irony, pedantry, lust, and spanking.”

Cassandra Clare
“Excellent. I've been told I have a lovely, melodic reading voice." He flipped the book open to the front page, where the title was printed in ornate script. Across from it was a long dedication, the ink faded now and barely legible, though Clary could make out the signature: With hope at last, William Herondale.

Cassandra Clare
“Speaking of hope, did you see that shot Alec got off with his bow? That's my boyfriend.”