Megan's Reviews > Racing Toward Armageddon: The Three Great Religions and the Plot to End the World

Racing Toward Armageddon by Michael Baigent

Jul 08, 11

Read from July 07 to 08, 2011

This book looks at the three major religions, with an emphasis on Christianity and it's role in modern America and the rest of the world. Definitely not a book for fundamentalists, and probably not for Protestants or evangelicals, either.
Baigent examines the dogma, how and why it came about, and where it's going. Startling, yet fully plausible. I recommend it to everybody, but especially conspiracy theorists, and maybe even more especially to people who believe Zionists are running the world.
I read one review that said this book is offensive to Christians. I think that's too broad. This is a well-written book that exploresIslam, Judaism and Christianity from an objective point of view, highlights the parallels and the small things they diverge on, and shows how Fundamentalists of all three are basically hurrying along the prophecy of Armageddon, which is completely misunderstood in the first place. Baigent highlights the dangers of taking any of the religious texts absolutely literally and shows how we can avoid the cataclysm some are so intent on creating.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Racing Toward Armageddon.