Bleu's Reviews > The Invisible Chains - Part 3: Bonds of Blood

The Invisible Chains - Part 3 by Andrew Ashling

Jul 23, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read on July 21, 2011

Once regarded as the underling, the least threatening and far less likely to defend the Realm, young Anaxantis cunningly planned his ascendance to supremacy not as the most deserving prince but as a revered warlord and an unstoppable juggernaut. He hoped against hope to fight a war. Will he win it too against all odds? While the reasons to go into battle were obvious to all, there was one that was known to him alone.

“Yes, us...Where they couldn't get at us. And that is what I did. What I am still doing.”

True love, obscurity par excellence, was vindicated. War was its testimony. While the first two books were about rawness, growing up and manning up, this final chapter is about gumption, mastery, redemption, retribution, acceptance and worthiness.

The Dark Tales of Randamor the Recluse series was one the most if not the most captivating m/m series I have ever read. I do not even know how to classify it because it is but it really isn’t. I do know that it is in its own world of awesomeness and I was so in it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invisible Chains - Part 3.

Quotes Bleu Liked

Andrew Ashling
“I will give you a few guarantees of my own, Mukthar. I guarantee that before the sun sets, even if you win, even if my cold, dead body is lying on the field, you will rue the day you ever set foot in the Plains. For every inch you advance I'll exact gallons of Mukthar blood. I guarantee that there will be not one family of the Bear Mukthars or they will mourn at least one of theirs. I guarantee that even if you are triumphant the fruits of victory will taste like dust in your mouth. I guarantee that if you fail to kill me today, you will meet me again. You will meet me at the Ximerionian border. You will meet me at every city, town, village, and hamlet. You will meet me on every Amirathan crossroad, on every hill. I will fight you with every sword at my command, with every arrow, with every dagger. I will fight you with pitchforks. I will fight you with the very rocks of the land you try to conquer. I will never, never, never give up.

~Anaxantis, before the Battle of the Zinchara (May 29th, 1453 aed)
Andrew Ashling, The Invisible Chains - Part 3: Bonds of Blood

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Td (new) - rated it 5 stars

Td Woo-hoo! You finished!!! I bet you read them back to back too, lol. I must have read the battle part like a gazillion times. Who was your favorite character? Tough question, but you gotta pick one. Oh, and another great review, so keep at it, they help others just like they help you. :D :D

Bleu Girl, you missed all the fun. I had the chance to talk to Andrew and another fan on twitter about the book. Check your messages.

Bleu I loved Anax from the start but Lorcko also grew on me:)