Kimbers10's Reviews > A Lady's Charade

A Lady's Charade by Eliza Knight

Jul 29, 11

Read from July 06 to 29, 2011

[I received a copy of this novel from the author as a review copy.]

Definitely a great romance novel! I enjoyed it from beginning to end. I love when an author brings “new” characters into historical fiction novels. So many hist. fict. books are about well known people in history (not that it’s a bad thing!!) but it’s cool to hear from the perspective on the time period from the eyes of someone new, even if they are a completely fictional character.
I was immediately drawn to Chloe. She’s a strong, intelligent woman who is able to make it through several sticky situations. The hero of the novel, Alexander, is the perfect romance novel hero. He’s strong and also has an angry, devilish streak in him that makes women want to tame him, and those are definitely MY favorite kind of romance heroes—no one wants a pushover.
The connection between Chloe and Alexander is pretty intense. How they hold out as long as they do is beyond me! The author, Eliza Knight, went into some pretty steamy detail about the love scenes between the two of them.
This novel was not just about steamy sex & knights in armor, it also has a great story line, and two characters that you really want to root for, did I mention the steamy sex scenes?
I would definitely recommend this book to any historical romance novel fans. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
I give this novel five out of 5 stars!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lady's Charade.