ReviewsByMolly's Reviews > Next to Love

Jul 06, 11

Recommended to ReviewsByMolly by: TLC
Recommended for: everyone
Read in June, 2011

I absolutely love it when I can sit down with a book and become so lost in it, when I reach the end I can't believe it's over. Ellen Feldman and her novel Next To Love is one such book, and I am now a fan for life. I was taken back to another place in time, among characters who became a part of me, and a plot line that was real.

Normally, I feel a connection with all the characters but one will touch me more than the rest. Not so with these amazingly created characters. Grace, Millie and Babe all worked a way into my heart, and I am still thinking about them, days after reading this beautiful novel. Their lives, their souls, their beings were so real to life for me, as I watched 3 women, 3 families dealing with the effects of WWII, and it's aftermath. I can't begin to imagine what it was like to live during that time, during a time that is so completely different than today's society. I am left in awe over the detail that Feldman used in this story.

I don't like to give away plots. So, I won't. I won't tell you all the things I fell in love with in this book. I'd just ramble on and on, and before you know, I'd have told you the ending and you wouldn't have any use for the book. No, instead I will tell this: if you love emotional strong stories, filled with deeply researched history, if you love a novel that is filled with characters that grip not only your attention but your SOUL, then this novel of historical WWII era is most definitely for you. You'll be swept away by this 5 star work and this author's tender skills. I can't wait to see what other emotional moving stories Ms. Feldman has in store for us.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Next to Love.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kristina McMorris So happy to know you loved it, Molly! I just started it and am really enjoying so far. :)