Lisa Lewis's Reviews > The Dead Don't Dance

The Dead Don't Dance by Charles Martin

Jul 07, 11

bookshelves: adult, realistic-fiction, christian
Read in July, 2011

The Dead don’t Dance is absolutely D-E-L-I-G-H-T-FU-L! Charles Martin simply has a wonderful way with words, and what “voice” he has. You’re instantly caught-up in the life of Dylan Styles and those who encompass him and help to make his life complete. Be it his wife, Maggie, his best friend, Amos, Bryce the bagpipe playing drunk, Pinky the pig, or his students in English 202: Research and Writing. They all contribute in making his life full and trust me, never dull. You’ll find yourself laughing and possibly crying while you read this wonderful novel.

One of my aunts told me about this terrific book, so I downloaded it to my Nook. I read it as I waited for my car to be worked fixed. People in the waiting room would look at me as I chuckled, and then I tried to hide the fact that my eyes were “leaking” as I felt Dylan’s anguish as he dealt with loss and frustration over trying to “do the right thing” for his students.

The Dead don’t Dance is the first in a short series about Dylan Styles and his world. I strongly recommend you pick-up a copy. It’s a great read for anytime of the year.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead Don't Dance.