Sandra's Reviews > Still Missing

Still Missing by Chevy Stevens

Aug 01, 11

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from July 30 to August 01, 2011

This book was amazing. The author did a great job making her characters unique and realistic. I read some reviews that said they didn't like the book and/or Annie because she was such a bitch. Um, wouldn't you be a bitch too if you'd been abducted for a year and been hounded by the press when you got back? I thought Annie was realist and raw and I really enjoyed her character.

The plot itself was inventive, especially towards the ending of the book when therapy session went from discussing what happened to the current investigation. I thought Annie's therapy sessions were presented very well, I liked that it was a one sided conversation rather than a back and forth with the therapist. In fact, we never hear the therapist speak. In addition, the descriptions of the mountain cabin and Annie's life there were very compelling.

The ending will blow your mind - fucked up is the only phrase I can think of to describe it. You seriously need to give this book a read, I was riveted. I was going to give it four stars, but oh hell, it's getting five.

PS: The fact that this book was provided free to me by the publisher has in no way affected my review.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Still Missing.

07/30/2011 page 168