Tom's Reviews > The Pastor's Wife

The Pastor's Wife by Jennifer AlLee

Jul 06, 11

bookshelves: 2011, fiction, kindle
Read in July, 2011, read count: 1

Okay...so i must admit....this is the first book (Christian fiction/love story) i have ever read. It was free on Amazon one day (for the kindle) so I downloaded it and plowed my way through. It was stereotypical.

From the characters to the plot line (of which there wasn't much). Overtly Christian (though not a bad thing) with the typical cliches and sentiments. Sometimes wouldn't it be nice in a christian fiction book if a character that is a christian going through a hard time would say: "dammit, this is bullshit" I don't mean to be crass or to say that flippantly but isn't that more true to life experiences than some of the fluffy words that are attributed to a character that is upset going through a crisis.

Of course, if that type of language were to be included in a "christian" fiction book most christian publishers wouldn't touch it or make the editorial changes to make it more palatable for its readership. But then we all know that true followers of Jesus never curse....right? Let me just say this....they wouldn't want me to write a christian fictional story with characters going through hardship.

As far as ease of reading and the ability to get through the book....very simple and easy. Which, to its credit, was refreshing. It is nice, every once and a while, to sit down to a book and not feel like you have to meditate over every other paragraph because of the depth and significance of the writers thoughts.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pastor's Wife.