Andrea(CatchTheFever) Daniels's Reviews > My Sister's Keeper

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

Apr 30, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, favorites, humans, owned, re-reading-re-read
Read from July 06, 2011 to April 30, 2012

Oh My God. I don't even know what to say about this book. There is so much emotion throughout this entire book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Sister's Keeper.

Quotes Andrea(CatchTheFever) Liked

Jodi Picoult
“See, as much as you want to hold on to the bitter sore memory that someone has left this world, you are still in it”

Jodi Picoult
“If you have a sister and she dies, do you stop saying you have one? Or are you always a sister, even when the other half of the equation is gone?”

Jodi Picoult
“It's disappointing to know that someone can see right through you.”

Jodi Picoult
“I learn from my own daughter that you don’t have to be awake to cry.”

Jodi Picoult
“Seeing her sitting there unresponsive makes me realize that silence has a sound.”

Jodi Picoult
“Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it's not because they enjoy solitude. It's because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.”

Jodi Picoult
“It doesn't take a whole long life to realize that what we deserve to have, we rarely get.”

Jodi Picoult
“I wondered what happened when you offered yourself to someone, and they opened you, only to discover you were not the gift they expected and they had to smile and nod and say thank you all the same.”

Jodi Picoult
“There should be a statute of limitation on grief. A rulebook that says it is all right to wake up crying, but only for a month. That after 42 days you will no longer turn with your heart racing, certain you have heard her call out your name. That there will be no fine imposed if you feel the need to clean out her desk; take down her artwork from the refrigerator; turn over a school portrait as you pass - if only because it cuts you fresh again to see it. That it's okay to measure the time she has been gone, the way we once measured her birthdays.”

Jodi Picoult
“It is the things you cannot see coming that are strong enough to kill you.”

07/06/2011 page 105