Ms. Z's Reviews > Playing Hurt

Jul 06, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: romance, sports, young-adult
Read in July, 2011

Looking at others' reviews, I am in a minority when I say that this book was only okay for me. The character development was not deep enough. I liked the idea of the sports injury, and how Clint and Chelsea were both dealing with their own issues. The romantic scenes were sizzling, but I wanted more "pre" - more development of the relationship through conversations, banter, tension. That just didn't happen for me.

Here's the summary: Chapters are told from the alternating points of view of Chelsea and Clint. Chelsea has suffered a fractured hip during a basketball game, which ends her career and any chances of a college scholarship. She has a romantic boyfriend, Gabe (who drove me nuts because he came across as clingy and needy), who has been with her before and after the accident. Her family books a vacation at an outdoor resort, and her dad signs her up for "boot camp" to try to boost her confidence. Clint is the boot camp trainer. As soon as they meet, they have an instant reaction to each other and it goes from there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playing Hurt.