Amy (Books, College, and Other Random Things)'s Reviews > Tales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star

Tales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star by Rachel Renée Russell

Jul 07, 11

bookshelves: favorites, reviewed
Read from July 06 to 07, 2011

Tales from a Not So Talented Pop Star is the third book in the Dork Diaries by Rachel Reneé Russell.

Nikki Maxwell has been at Westchester Country Day for about three months and is still best friends with Chloe and Zoey. Nikki finds out that the school is having a talent show where the winners will get to audition on 15 Minutes to Fame. Mackenzie Hollister, queen bee of WCD, shows Nikki a flyer about looking for dancers for her group Mac’s Maniacs. Nikki thinks that Mackenzie wants her in the group but quickly finds out that Mackenzie wants Chloe and Zoey to be a part of the group, not Nikki.

Nikki is really bummed, and Mackenzie threatens her that she will tell the school about the fact that Nikki is only going to the school because the school gave her a scholarship because her dad is the school exterminator. Mackenzie already has posted an embarrassing video of Nikki on YouTube, so she tells Chloe and Zoey that she can’t compete with them in the talent show.
Later, Mackenzie’s tells Chloe and Zoey that two guys that they are crushing on like them so they will and do join Mac’s Maniac. Also, Nikki has found Brandon, her crush, teaching Mackenzie about photography. How will she every get to know Brandon better? With her friends gone to the dark side by joining Mac’s Maniacs, how will she ever win the talent show or have friends at WCD?

This is another hit in the Dork Diaries series. It doesn’t take me long to read these, but I love them. My favorite parts of the book are when Nikki and Brandon talk to each other and when Brianna annoys Nikki. I wished Brianna and Brandon were in the book more. I can’t wait for whenever more of the books will be out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star.

Quotes Amy (Books, College, and Other Random Things) Liked

Rachel Renée Russell
“In spite of her cute little angelic face and pink sneakers, Brianna is actually a baby Tyrannosaurus rex. On STEROIDS!”
Rachel Renée Russell, Tales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jana it totally deserves 5 stars!!! ;★)