Meagan's Reviews > Every Which Way But Dead

1019655
Jul 06, 2011

liked it
Read in July, 2011

Once again I was charmed by Rachel Morgan's wit, imperfections, and (let's face it) luck. I was happy to return to the universe crawling with inlanders and to learn more about them, politics included. I liked the two new character editions and what they brought to the plot. I was a little disappointed in the more Romance Novel feel for the first two thirds of the book, even though the steamer bits were tastefully done. In fact most of the book felt more homey than what I was expecting from this series, but before it was all over it definitely picked back up in danger and action, the doom far more impending the previous two books. I have only one real gripe concerning the Rachel/Nick subplot, which was taken care of with one sentence (though a bit too late), but I don't want to give anything away.

In short, I like the first two books better, but I wouldn't say that this one let me down. I certainly recommend it to anyone already hooked on the series. And if you somehow have managed to read this one first (which isn't completely unlikely as a lot of background is covered in here) then you definitely need to read the first two.
I happily look forward to the fourth book(which is on my couch waiting for me. :) )
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Every Which Way But Dead.