Maureen Timerman's Reviews > Rescuing Slaves of the Watchtower

Rescuing Slaves of the Watchtower by Joe B. Hewitt

Jul 11, 11

bookshelves: 2011-read
Read in June, 2011

I enjoyed reading this book and learning of the trials experienced by Joe. His account of the life in and out of the Witnesses is extremely interesting. When he spoke to his Grandfather about his witnessing always, he found that his Grandfather was afraid if he died and hadn't witnessed that day, he would not go to heaven. His Mother suffered needlessly from Shingles, from lack of treatment. Reading of all the unnecessary suffering that went on, makes one very sad. You want to shake them with the truth.
Loved how he spoke about trying to witness to the Witness, they are trained excessively to react to what we have to say! Also if you belong to the Catholic Church, that is called Satan's Church by this Religion!
How freeing, and feeling alive it must be to get away from a cult such as the Witnesses! The Author speaks of his meetings after getting free. They attend conventions, talking with people who are now saved.
I really recommend this eye opening and enjoyable read.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Hanibal Books. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rescuing Slaves of the Watchtower.