Lisse's Reviews > Huck: The Remarkable True Story of How One Lost Puppy Taught a Family - and a Whole Town - About Hope and Happy Endings

Huck by Janet Elder

Jul 11, 2011

it was ok
Read from July 06 to 07, 2011

I feel the better story here would've been focusing on a woman and her family overcoming cancer, not the short loss of their dog. Huck is a cute little dog who gets lost while his family is on vacation, and while it's great how many people come out of a small town to help this family find their dog, it doesn't seem any kind of overwhelmingly new or out-of-the-ordinary to me. As my mom said, what she found extraordinary was not how people came to help this family, but how odd this NY family found it to be that neighbors would help them in their time of need. My family lives in a small town, so this is nothing new...and even me living in MInneapolis, found it hard to believe that New Yorkers would find this so extraordinary. I know my neighbors would be just as helpful to me as the people in this book were to the family in need. Not a great read from my perspective, but I suppose I might recommend it to people in big areas who don't feel connected to those around them.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Huck.