Jodie's Reviews > The Misadventures of Phillip Isaac Penn

The Misadventures of Phillip Isaac Penn by Donna L. Peterson

Jul 06, 11

bookshelves: 2011, kids, net-galley
Read on July 06, 2011

Phillip Isaac Penn, better know as Pip, just can't seem to do anything right. As a typical boy who is always being mischievous, and sometimes just plain forgetful, he finds it hard to please everyone all the time. And then there are those days when he is not being mischievous and still no one will believe him. Somehow, he must outsmart his fellow classmates in order for the teacher to believe him.

This is a cute book, perfect for kids ages 7-10. Pip always seems to have done something wrong, but he always ends the day with "I'm going to try a lot harder to be a good kid." Some of Pip's misadventures, I could totally relate to, as they are typical events that could occur in a classroom. You know, those times when you see someone else doing wrong, but you're the one that gets in trouble? I really felt bad for Pip at times, but loved his determination to keep going and try to be a better kid. A little humor mixed in with an important life lesson...don't give up!

DISCLOSURE: I was graciously provided a free digital version of this book from Cedar Fort in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Misadventures of Phillip Isaac Penn.