Jenn's Reviews > Strange Angels

Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow

Jul 06, 11

bookshelves: young-adult, urban-fantasy, dead-tree
Read in May, 2009

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strange Angels.

Quotes Jenn Liked

Lilith Saintcrow
“Better to be strong than pretty and useless.”

Lilith Saintcrow
“I guess since the groin is the center of a guy's world, he rarely guesses it isn't the center of yours.”

Lilith Saintcrow
“Jesus, you've got a death wish."
"Right now I have a bathroom-and-sleep-somewhere safe wish, kid.”

Lilith Saintcrow
“The smell of apple pies didn't quite fill the house, but it was there, a thread under everything else. It was kind of hard to take Christophe seriously when he smelled like baked goods. I wondered if other djampjir smelled like Hostess Twinkies and sniggered to myself.”

Lilith Saintcrow
“Hello, Officer? Can you help me? My dad got turned into a zombie. You know, we’ve been travelling around getting rid of things that aren’t real, and this time they hit back. I really need someplace to stay – but can you make sure I have some holy water or something wherever it is? And some silver-jacketed bullets? That’d be sweet. Yeah, that’d be totally cool. Thanks. And while you’re at it, can you tell the guys with the straitjackets that I’m really sane? That would help.”

Lilith Saintcrow
“Would I be as strong as that once I did that thing Christophe was talking about? Blooming? Would I smell like a bakery item? Or was that just him? Did he use pie filling for cologne?”