Syd Perry's Reviews > Tick Tock

Tick Tock by James Patterson

Jul 12, 11

Read from July 06 to 08, 2011

I listened to this book on my iphone while walking on the treadmill at my gym. Getting the book on my iphone was a nightmare in itself. I didn't buy it from itunes and iphone does not play well with non-Apple products. But that's another story.

I love James Patterson and the fast paced energy of his writing. I don't care for all the foul language and explicit sex scenes but I can put up with that for the story that contains them.

And then along came this Michael Bennett series written by James Patterson and co-author Michael Ledwidge. Instead of Alex Cross we have a good Irish Catholic family man. He doesn't cuss, he doesn't have casual sex, he puts his family first, and he solves crime in New York City.

TICK TOCK makes me wonder if James Patterson took over more of the writing of this book. The main character is much edgier and a little less true to his "good" nature. He's still no Alex Cross though. A great read that kept me on the treadmill.

I'll keep reading this series. Actually, I started WORSE CASE on playaway at the gym yesterday. It began at Washington Square Park, my daughter's old neighborhood, and away we go...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tick Tock.