Tara's Reviews > A Thousand Splendid Suns

Apr 14, 08

bookshelves: uta-bookclub, audio-book, 2008
Recommended to Tara by: Karri
Read in April, 2008

I was totally surprised by this book. I guess I went into it with a bad attitude. I kept telling myself I really only enjoy reading for entertainment and I don't want to read about anything sad and depressing. Well, from the beginning I was interested in the story of Mariam and Laila's lives. I love how, even during their struggle to survive the horrors of their society, they find friendship and become a family. I developed a respect for these amazing characters as they continue on, doing what they can. There are some hard parts to get through (horrible, tragic events you feel you witness because of the author's amazing ability to transport you to the world of Mariam and Laila), but the story is really worth it. I loved it in the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Thousand Splendid Suns.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Karrisloan Oh, I am so glad you liked it. I have tried to figure out how to start a new discussion board for this month's questions, can you give me a clue I am so spacey sometimes. Once I figure it out I'll post for what I'm sure will be a great discussion.

Tara Karri, I created a new folder for A Thousand Splendid Suns on the discussion board. So, to post, you can click on discussions, then new topic. The new topic is what will be listed on the discussion board. Just make sure you select A Thousand Splendid Suns for the folder. Unless one of us wants to start another topic, we will just make our posts as comments under your original topic. Does that make sense?

Also, for the future, you can create a new folder (which are the titles of the books we are reading) by clicking on new topic, and then edit folder instead of selecting an already established folder.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Tara